Monday, February 1, 2016

Part Two: Swinging Blue Jeans - You're Welcome To My Heart - EMI (unreleased until 1992)

Song: You're Welcome To My Heart
Writers: Bateman-Moseley-Wicker
Producer: unknown
Engineer: unknown
Recorded: unknown - unreleased until 1992


This was the first version of You're Welcome To My Heart that I heard. British Invasion bands were notorious for nicking rare soul songs from the USA and topping the chart placings of the originals. This version seems to have everything going for it, with great singing, majestic Abbey Road production and a killer mix. Unfortunately, this version of You're Welcome To My Heart was not released during the band's lifetime, dooming the song to unfair obscurity. The Swinging Blue Jeans version was first released in 1992. Hear the original version by the Chantels here.

No copyright infringement intended. I will remove this immediately at the request of the owners. This channel and blog are not monetized. The purpose is to promote the music. If you like what you hear and it is available on cd, vinyl or as a digital download, please purchase and support the artists & labels.

Swinging Blue Jeans - You're Welcome To My Heart - EMI (unreleased until 1992)


Swinging Blue Jeans - Good Golly, Miss Molly! The EMI Years 1963-1969

No comments:

Post a Comment