Thursday, January 21, 2016

Part One: The Chantels - You're Welcome To My Heart - Verve (1966)

Song: You're Welcome To My Heart
Writers: Bateman-Moseley-Wicker
Producers: Bateman & Moseley
Recorded: 1966

Under different circumstances, You're Welcome To My Heart by the Chantels would have been a hit. It should have been a hit. It is a great song. It isn't perfect, though. The mix seems claustrophobic for 1966. The reverb-less, dry vocals choke some of the majesty from the piece, although the singers nail their parts. If Tony Hatch had gotten his hands on this tune and the group, the fate of You're Welcome To My Heart may have been very different. It probably didn't help that Verve was such a small label with limited power.

No copyright infringement intended. I will remove this immediately at the request of the owners. This channel and blog are not monetized. The purpose is to promote the music. If you like what you hear and it is available on cd, vinyl or as a digital download, please purchase and support the artists & labels.

The Chantels - You're Welcome To My Heart - Verve (1966)

The Chantels - You're Welcome To My Heart - Verve (1966)

No comments:

Post a Comment